May 3rd - School Lunch Superhero Day!
May 6 -10 - School Nutrition Employee Week
Menus and Nutritional Information
Free/Reduced Meal Applications
We would like to remind you that Beaumont Unified School District participates in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. Meals are served daily. Free and Reduced Meal Applications are available to families who believe that they may qualify.
Applications for Free/Reduced meals are accepted each day throughout the school year. Applications are available at the district office (500 Grace Ave), each school office and cafeteria, and the Child Nutrition Services office (1730 Cherry Ave). One application per family is required. The information you provide will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals.All information you provide will remain confidential and will not be shared for any other purpose.
Children are automatically certified to receive free meals if the household currently receives any of the following: Food Stamps, California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs), Kinship Guardianship Assistance Payments (Kin-GAP), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) benefits. Recently approved children in these programs will need to complete the application if you have not been notified by the Child Nutrition office of your eligibility. Foster children are also eligible to receive free or reduced price meals regardless of the foster family’s income.
Our goal is to remind families that the district has programs in place that can assist our local families. Please contact Child Nutrition Services at (951) 845-6163, if you have any questions.
Please review the eligibility guidelines to determine if you qualify.
2012-13 Free/Reduced Income Eligibility Scale
2012-13 Applications will NOT be mailed to households. Parents may come in to the CNS office and apply in person, or pick up an application from any school site/cafeteria. Please call 951-845-6163 with questions or concerns.
|Effective July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013|
|Household Members||Annual||Monthly||Twice per Month||Every Two Weeks||Weekly|
|For each additional family add:||7,326||611||306||282||141|
HEALTHY CHANGES IN OUR SCHOOL CAFETERIAS!
This fall, Beaumont Unified School District school cafeterias are meeting tough new federal nutrition standards for school meals, ensuring that meals are healthy and well-balanced and provide students all the nutrition they need to succeed at school. Now is a great time to encourage your kids to choose school lunch!
School meals offer students milk, fruits and vegetables, proteins and grains, and they must meet strict limits on saturated fat and portion size. Beginning this school year 2012-2013, school lunches will meet additional standards requiring:
- Age-appropriate calorie limits
- Larger servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving of produce)
- A wider variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
- Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
- More whole grains
- And less sodium
We’re always working to offer Beaumont Unified School District students healthier and tastier choices.
School meals are a great value and a huge convenience for busy families too! Child Nutrition Services will continue the No Cost Breakfast for the 2012-2013 school year, breakfast is free for all students. Students may purchase an elementary lunch for $2.25; middle and high school lunches are $2.75.
We look forward to welcoming your children to the cafeteria this fall. To find out more about Beaumont Unified School District’s healthy school meals visit www.district.schoolnutritionandfitness.com/beaumontusd and to get the facts about school meals visit www.TrayTalk.org.
Kathy Zipperstein, SNS
Director, Child Nutrition Services
Posted by: Teresa Garcia
2012-13 INFORMATION AND REMINDERS
FREE/REDUCED MEAL APPLICATIONS are available at the following locations:
CNS OFFICE, DISTRICT OFFICE, AND ENROLLMENT OFFICE
Please note the following information:
- If students were free or reduced during the 2011-12 school year ONLY, they will be considered free/reduced during the first 30 school days beginning August 15, 2012. The deadline for applications is September 26, 2012. Effective September 27, students that have not renewed an application for 2012-13 will be changed to a paid status.
- ALL qualifying students MUST apply and submit a new application for each school year. ONLY students who were free/reduced in a prior school year with Beaumont USD will have a grace period.
- Parents of new students are encouraged to submit an application directly to the Child Nutrition Office for benefits to take immediate effect. Students must bring money or a lunch until an application is received and processed in the Child Nutrition Office.
- APPLICATIONS are available at all school site offices and cafeterias.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need an application for each student? ~No, the requirement is ONE application per household.
Do I need to fill out an application if students were free/reduced last school year? ~Yes, we are required to have an application filled out every school year.
Do I need to bring proof of income? ~No, proof of income is not required unless a family is randomly selected for audit in October. Selections will be notified of this by mail.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact the Child Nutrition Services Department at (951) 845-6163.