As the learning leader for the Beaumont Unified School District, I am very excited to share our vision of a 21st century learning environment for our students. We place a high value on our foundation of
Home, School and Community
and we have enhanced the foundation for Beaumont USD to include
Rigor, Relevance and Relationships
essential for students for the information/technology era. Our core values are grounded in the belief that ALL students can learn and as a result of that focus, the district has experienced tremendous student academic success.
The opportunities to enhance student learning abound in Beaumont USD. In addition to our high quality core instruction, we offer the Dual Language Program at Palm Elementary, San Gorgonio Middle School and Beaumont High School, to provide an option for students to acquire biliteracy skills in English and Spanish. Both San Gorgonio and Mountain View Middle Schools implemented the AVID program to strengthen college/career readiness skills. In addition, an integrated STEAM program is implemented at the secondary schools as well as the award winning, STEAM lab at Beaumont High School.
Recognizing the value of instructional technology, the district will introduce the Bring Your Own Device option for students. The option will provide increased learning through information and digital literacy, as well as digital citizenship and responsibility. We recognize the technological proficiency of students and the responsibility we have to guide and facilitate their growth and development through appropriate uses of information technology.
School sites have earned significant recognition for the accomplishments of students including:
- Sundance Elementary being named a National Blue Ribbon School and a six consecutive year winner of the Title I Academic Achievement Award
- Brookside, Sundance and Tournament Hills Elementary schools have earned the distinction as California Distinguished Schools
- Anna Hause and Three Rings Ranch Elementary schools exceed the state target on the Academic Performance Index
- Beaumont High School, Glen View High School, and Beaumont Adult School received full six year terms of accreditation from the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) Accrediting Commission
- Glen View High School was named a Model Continuation High School
I invite you to join Beaumont Unified School District in the enthusiasm and excitement we feel for our students and share in our compact with the School, Home and Community further strengthened with Rigor, Relevance and Relationships of 21st century learning.
Together we provide the students and community with the best that education can offer and life-long Beaumont Blue Pride!
Yours in student success!
Dr. Maureen E. Latham